Useful gadgets: the rice cooker

John Lewis rice cooker

I bought one of these about a month ago, convinced that it would be one of those appliances that wouldn't get as much use as the space it requires. But I was wrong, I'm head over heels in love with it.

I bought this one from John Lewis for about £25. It cooks rice within about 20 minutes and cooks it perfectly every single time, even brown rice. It even has a setting to keep the rice warm whilst you prepare something else, and a steaming tool to use it for vegetables.

In a recession, this baby will save me quite a bit of money in feeding my family a healthy and cheap as chips side dish of fluffy rice in no time.

I have used it so far to create yummy egg fried rice, wholegrain rice and a great one, baby back ribs in a BBQ espresso sauce with a nice portion of white rice underneath. I really cannot recommend these enough. For an inexpensive and useful gadget, invest in a rice cooker, it is worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

sharing